Winter Trails to Ride
Getting to Dillon, MT and our shop
Our favorite areas to explore in southwest Montana
200 miles of groomed trails, highlights include Coolidge and Elkhorn mines and Reservoir Lake. Major groomed trails heading west and north interconnect with Wisdom/Jackson and Wise River trail systems. Southerly trail links up with Salmon, Idaho snowmobile club trails.
- Dillon Ranger District, Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forests, 420 Barrett Street, Dillon, MT 59725, (406) 683-3900
- Beaverhead Sno-Riders, Box 867, Dillon, MT 59725, (406) 683-2205
Three major trail systems totaling 140 miles offer opportunities for family snowmobile touring, with a snow shelter for cookouts and picnics, to more challenging riding through deep snowpack.
- Pintler Ranger District, Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forests, 88 10-A Business Loop, Philipsburg, MT 59858, (406) 859-3211
- Anaconda Snowmobile Club, 55 Fire Lane, Anaconda, MT 59711
Three snowmobile trail systems in the Gravelly Range provide challenging opportunities for
experienced riders, and easier rides with access to resorts. Highlights of the 130 miles of
snowmobile trails include Alder Gulch, Summit City, Antelope Basin, Tobacco Root Range
and high mountain lakes.
- Madison Ranger District, Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forests, 5 Forest Service Rd., Ennis, MT 59729, (406) 682-4253
- Vigilante Snowmobilers, Box 145, Virginia City, MT 59755, (406) 843-5484 or (406) 682-5250
150 miles of groomed trails link up with other snowmobile trail systems including the Wise
River-Polaris Trail, Steel Creek trails, Wise River trails, Salmon, Idaho club trails, and over
the Continental Divide into the Bitterroot Valley.
- Wisdom Ranger District, Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forests, Box 238, Wisdom, MT 59761 (406) 689-3243
- Big Hole Snowmobile Club, Box 141, Wisdom, MT 59761, (406) 689-3108
Area highlights include Pettengill’s Falls, Long Tom Cabin, backcountry lakes, high plateaus
and plenty of open meadow play areas. 150 miles of groomed trails at elevations from 5,500
feet to 8,000 feet.
- Wise River Ranger District, Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forests, Box 100, Wise River, MT 59762, (406) 832-3178
- Wise River Jackpine Savages, Box 65, Wise River, MT 59762, (406) 832-3258